Sunday, October 17, 2010

Why this blog


During a seminar I visited a couple of years back, the topic of Creativity and Idea's came up. A lot of bright people in the room and the question was raised: When do you have your creative ideas?
Several different times and places came up -In the morning, Under the shower, In bed at night-
It occurred to me that, yes, I had those creative moments the speaker was talking about, and that lots of people have them.


Since my youth I had a wide variety of interests. One can't do and know everything, so choices had to be made. But idea's always came to me, the seminar made me more aware of that. To bad I couldn't do anything with it...
Around the time I started programming full-time the first of my brilliant idea's came to me at night. I was tired and tried to get back to sleep; but it still bothered me in the morning. A week later it woke me up again and I got out of bed around 5am on a Saturday morning and started writing it down.

The ideas I'm having are not too frequent and sometimes are a bit fuzzy, but they seem too interesting to be discarded, to either be ignored or become half-hearted attempts of a project I could never finish. This is why I want to publish them publicly in the hope of inspiring someone. Maybe someday someone gets inspired by this blog and translates the idea into application. Maybe someday someone will let me know it works :)

No comments:

Post a Comment